IRMA-International.org: Creator of Knowledge
Information Resources Management Association
Advancing the Concepts & Practices of Information Resources Management in Modern Organizations

Bibliometric Analysis of DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology

Bibliometric Analysis of DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology
View Sample PDF
Author(s): S. Thanuskodi (Alagappa University, India)
Copyright: 2012
Pages: 10
Source title: Library and Information Science in Developing Countries: Contemporary Issues
Source Author(s)/Editor(s): A. Tella (University of Ilorin, Nigeria) and A.O. Issa (University of Ilorin, Nigeria)
DOI: 10.4018/978-1-61350-335-5.ch022

Purchase

View Bibliometric Analysis of DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology on the publisher's website for pricing and purchasing information.

Abstract

This chapter presents a bibliometric analysis of the journal, DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, for the period between 2006 and 2010. The data were downloaded from the journal’s website. The analysis covers mainly the number of articles, authorship pattern, subject, distribution of articles, average number of references per articles, forms of documents cited, year distribution of cited journals, et cetera. Findings of the studies point towards the merits and weakness of the journal which are helpful for its further development. The result showed that out of 199 articles, 116 (58.29%) articles were contributed by joint authors while the rest 83 (41.71%) articles were contributed by single author. The study reveals that most of the contributions are from India with 93.97%, and the remaining 6.03% were from foreign authors.

Related Content

Osemwegie Taiwo Wesley. © 2022. 12 pages.
Christiana Danjuma. © 2022. 13 pages.
Odey Simon Robert. © 2022. 16 pages.
Uchenna Azubuike Ezeogu. © 2022. 8 pages.
Bassey Okon. © 2022. 19 pages.
Melchizedec J. Onobe. © 2022. 17 pages.
Subir Sinha. © 2022. 11 pages.
Body Bottom